Brian Ruberry: Writing Holiday Movies for TV
June 26, 2021
Please check back for details on whether this meeting will be held in person or via Zoom
PRESENTER: Brian Ruberry
Writing Holiday Movies for TV
Ever think of writing a Hallmark Christmas movie? This workshop is for writers at all levels who want to learn how to write and sell holiday-themed movies to Hallmark, Lifetime, Netflix and other networks and streamers.
• How to build your story around the female lead, often the point of entry for holiday films
• How to focus your story on the lead romantic relationship
• How to consider act breaks (or not) when writing your TV movie
• How to add twists, turns and reveals, particularly before act breaks
• How to write memorable meet-cutes
• How to add essential ingredients for Christmas and holiday scripts
• How to sell your scripts without an agent or manage
Participants will receive Brian’s exclusive “13 Key Questions for Writing Holiday Movies”
About Brian Ruberry
Brian Ruberry is an award-winning screenwriter of mostly romantic comedies for Hallmark, Lifetime, Netflix and other streaming networks. Since 2017, he has optioned scripts with production companies such as Lighthouse Pictures and the Motion Picture Corporation of America. In 2020, he held two sold-outwebinars for writers: “Writing Holiday Movies for TV” and “Pitching Your Script to Producers.” He has an MA from Loyola Marymount University’s School of Film and Television.